Vakra-Tunndda Maha-Kaaya Suurya-Kotti Samaprabha |
Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva Sarva-Kaaryessu Sarvadaa ||
“Vakratunda Mahakaya” is a Prayer to Lord Ganesha, to remove obstacles and bless with success. Lord Ganesha is prayed to at the beginning of all works as he is the deity who removes obstacles, bring fortunes and luck.
The large elephant head of Lord Ganesha symbolizes the wisdom, understanding and intellect that one must possess to attain perfection in life. Elephants are the path creators when they passes through thick woods, a way is created for other animals to follow. Lord Ganesha is also prayed before starting anything new. Lord Ganesha clear the obstacles and paves the way for us to move forward in life to achieve success and prosperity.
Benefits of Chanting “Vakratunda Mahakaya” shloka:
- Chanting “Vakratunda Mahakaya” itself create the positivity in the environment which realises the robust energy.
- Neuroscientists, equipped with advanced brain-imaging tools, are beginning to quantify and confirm some of the health benefits of this ancient practice of shloka, such as its ability to help free your mind of background chatter and calm your nervous system.
- Regular chanting of shlokas is believed to wipe out fear, anger and depression, and help relieve disorders of the respiratory, digestive, reproductive, circulatory, speech, intellectual and cognitive systems.
- Chanting helps to develop one’s mental powers and strength, ease stress, and take one to a higher level of consciousness.
- Chanting also improves one’s memory and power of concentration, so crucial if one wants to be an achiever.
Regular chanting of Shlokas will de-stress you and make you efficient in your work.